I picked up a bag of meyer lemons at my local grocery store weeks ago without any clue of what I was going to make with them. I thought they were cute and would be a pretty prop in one of my blog photos. I know crazy, right? Prior to this, I’ve never even heard of meyer lemons nor seen one but apparently they are pretty popular. I brought the bag home and found out that they are slightly sweeter and less sharp in taste than regular lemons. They are smaller in size with delicate skin and are super duper juicier than regular lemons. So, I couldn’t just pass them up for props!
Instead, I made No Bake Meyer Lemon Mini Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache. These are super cute little cheesecakes with just enough of fresh, citrusy flavor that can be made for any occasion without you having to turn on your oven! My kinda of baking…
I used miniature muffin tins to create graham cracker cups. Filled them up with creamy meyer lemon cheesecake filling, which BTW also makes an amazing fruit dip! Topped it off with two ingredient chocolate ganache and fresh berries. You can use any berry of your choice or none at all. I personally like the fruit for pop of color.
No-bake lemon mini cheesecakes with chocolate ganache are delicate little desserts for any occasion. You’ll be surprised how easy they come together.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 sheets)
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweet condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- fresh raspberries
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with butter.
- Line two (12 cups each) mini muffin pans with plastic wrap (see below for pics). Spoon 3 teaspoonfuls of the crumb mixture into each mini cup and using the back of the teaspoon, press the crumb mixture inside forming a small cup. Place the pans in the freezer to chill while preparing the filling.
- In a medium bowl, with a hand held mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add sweet condensed milk and beat until combined. Add lemon juice and beat until combined. Lastly, add the confectioners sugar and beat until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Remove the pans from the freezer and spoon the cheesecake filling into each cup (don’t be scared to generously top each cup with the filling). Refrigerate for 30 minutes while preparing the ganache.
- Microwave the heavy cream in microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute (30 second intervals). You want the cream hot enough to melt the chocolate but not boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes. Then whisk the chocolate with cream until smooth. (If ganache begins to set, pop it in the microwave for 20 seconds).
- Spoon the ganache over the chilled cheesecakes and top with fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate the cheesecakes 4 hours up to overnight.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the pan by gently pulling up on the plastic wrap and serve immediately.
Since these are no bake cheesecakes, the crust is a bit crumbly than your standard baked crusts. So be gently when handling and keep the cheesecakes refrigerated until serving time.
Also add extra time to prep for chilling the cheesecakes.
Keywords: easy, lemon, fresh, summer