Thank you to Shady Brook Farms for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Creamy and saucy turkey meatballs in roasted pepper sauce. Made with no cream or cheese, instead this sauce is made with cashews, which adds the richness and the creaminess to the sauce.
Today I’m sharing another recipe that is perfect to keep you in line with your new year resolutions. Baked saucy turkey meatballs in insanely creamy roasted pepper sauce with basic veggie hash. This entire meal is so good and quick to make. Made with Italian style turkey meatballs from my friends at Shady Brook Farms. They’re all about no-growth promoting antibiotics or added hormones or steroids in their meats and I totally love that!
These turkey meatballs are cheese stuffed and are super flavorful. So basically all the guess work is already done for you. All you have to do is sear them lightly in a skillet and then finish baking them in the oven with roasted pepper sauce. This roasted pepper sauce is made with cashews. The cashews add the creaminess to the sauce that you normally would add with cream or cheese. It’s insanely creamy, luscious, and saucy. Then everything is baked a top of finely cubed zucchini, yellow squash, and red onion. You have a complete meal in no time to serve over brown rice of cauliflower mash as a low carb option.
- 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup cashews, unsalted
- ½ cup water
- 1 (8 oz.) small zucchini, small diced
- 1 (8 oz.) small yellow squash, small diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (16 oz.) package Shady Brook Farms Cheese Stuffed Italian Style Turkey Meatballs
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- crumbled feta cheese, optional
- salt and black pepper
- to serve: brown rice, cauliflower mash
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a high-power blender, combine roasted peppers, garlic, basil, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, cashews, and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend the mixture on high until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, and onions in a 9 X 9 casserole dish (or similar size). Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium-hight heat. Once the oil is hot, add the meatballs to the skillet and quickly sear on all sides, about 3-4 minutes total. Transfer the meatballs to the casserole dish and pour the red pepper sauce over the meatballs and the vegetables.
- Bake 25-35 or until the meatballs are fully cooked and the vegetables are tender. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and feta, if desired. Serve over cooked brown rice or cauliflower mash for low carb option.