Creamy and saucy turkey meatballs in roasted pepper sauce. Made with no cream or cheese, instead this sauce is made with cashews, which adds the richness and the creaminess to the sauce.
- 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup cashews, unsalted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 oz.) small zucchini, small diced
- 1 (8 oz.) small yellow squash, small diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (16 oz.) package Shady Brook Farms Cheese Stuffed Italian Style Turkey Meatballs
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- crumbled feta cheese, optional
- salt and black pepper
- to serve: brown rice, cauliflower mash
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a high-power blender, combine roasted peppers, garlic, basil, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, cashews, and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend the mixture on high until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, and onions in a 9 X 9 casserole dish (or similar size). Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium-hight heat. Once the oil is hot, add the meatballs to the skillet and quickly sear on all sides, about 3-4 minutes total. Transfer the meatballs to the casserole dish and pour the red pepper sauce over the meatballs and the vegetables.
- Bake 25-35 or until the meatballs are fully cooked and the vegetables are tender. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and feta, if desired. Serve over cooked brown rice or cauliflower mash for low carb option.
Keywords: lean, dairy free, healthy