Chili lime marinated salmon, roasted in the oven, and then topped with fresh avocado tomato salsa. This dinner is a must during the week! So easy and so tasty.
I’m back with another new recipe for you my friends! I’ve been away in California visiting my family. This trip was everything, plus more! I got to visit with my cousins, aunts, grandparents, my siblings, as well as my mom. All of my sisters were in CA same weekend as I was so we did a long weekend in Monterey and Carmel. The views were absolutely breathtaking and fresh ocean air was to die for. We shopped, ate, and even dipped our toes in the ocean. My little munchkin came with me and did SO well (for the most part). But home is home and it feels so good to be back and slowly getting back to routine.
This chili lime salmon I made right before my trip and it turned out absolutely amazing. I had every intention of sharing the recipe much sooner but that so did not happen. I was just too busy soaking in the west coast views. Can you blame me though? But what’s great about this recipe is that with only few key ingredients you can transform plain ole’ salmon dinner into mouthful of flavor.
You start off with preparing the marinade in a food processor or a blender. You will need fresh lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and chili powder. Puree until smooth, then pour over the salmon and let marinate for good 30 minutes in the fridge. I like to use a ziploc bag for this step. It’s easy clean up and does not require much space in the fridge.
While the salmon is doing its thing, prepare the avocado salsa. Fresh salsa is probably one of those things that you can tweak so many different ways and pair with just about anything. It tastes amazing over simple dishes like this one. This specific salsa is made with creamy avocado chunks, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, and red onion. It is best when made right before serving. That way the ingredients stay fresh and don’t turn into soggy mess.
Then you roast the salmon in the oven for about 12-17 minutes. It will really depend on the thickness of the salmon. Mine took exactly 14 minutes and I used one big chunk of fillet. That’s pretty much it to this recipe. It’s simple but so tasty! I hope you guys have a lovely weekend.
If you give this salmon recipe a try, please let me know via Instagram @littlebrokenblog or snapchat → littlebrokenblg. I love seeing your food creations.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1½ - 2 pounds fresh salmon fillet, whole or cut into individual size portions
- salt and pepper
- 2 avocado, pitted + diced
- 1½ cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded + finely chopped
- lime juice, to taste
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor or blender puree lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and chili powder until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the salmon in a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the salmon. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon fillet onto the prepared baking sheet and bake 12-17 minutes or until easily flaked. Exact cook time will vary on thickness of salmon.
- Top with Avocado Salsa and serve immediately.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, and jalapeno. Squeeze desired amount of fresh lime juice and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.