Shrimp quinoa bowl is the perfect easy meal for weeknight dinners. It’s filled with whole grain quinoa, blackened shrimp, and topped with guacamole, salsa, and cilantro lime crema.
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the water and quinoa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook covered until all of the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with spices and oil.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Immediately remove to a serving bowl. The shrimp will continue to cook if left in a hot skillet.
- Served cooked shrimp over quinoa with toppings of choice.
- Leftovers: Store leftover quinoa and shrimp in separate containers for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup cooked quinoa, 4 ounces shrimp (does not include toppings)
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 162.6 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 29.1 g
- Cholesterol: 182.5 mg
Keywords: quinoa bowl, shrimp, easy