Overnight chia seed pudding made with wholesome ingredients and no refined sugar. Thick, creamy, and perfect healthy snack! Made with 6 simple ingredients, one bowl, and a whisk.
- Add all ingredients except chia seeds to a medium bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. Then, whisk in the chia seeds.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Or transfer between individual-size serving jars.
- In the morning, give the pudding a good whisk to evenly distribute the chia seeds that have settled on the bottom. Serve chilled with toppings of choice. Makes 2 (1 cup) portions or 4 (1/2 cup) portions.
- Maple syrup: Feel free to add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup if you prefer chia pudding on a sweeter side. Honey can be used as well.
- Make it dairy free: Use your favorite plant-based milk and dairy-free yogurt. Add an extra tablespoon of chia seeds if making it dairy-free.
- Storing: Chia pudding can be enjoyed the same day it is made. It’s ready when the mixture is no longer liquidy but thick and creamy, usually after 1-2 hours of chill time. Store leftovers without any toppings covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 15.6 g
- Sodium: 48.5 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 6.8 mg
Keywords: chia pudding, make ahead, breakfast