Get ready to satisfy your taste buds with the ultimate tex-mex comfort food – Enchiladas Verdes! Incredibly easy enchiladas recipe packed with a juicy shredded chicken filling and then smothered in a zesty salsa verde.
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, about 1 pound
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 1/4 cups salsa verde, mild or medium
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 8–10 (8-inch) tortillas, corn or flour
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Cilantro Lime Crema
- Red onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with green onions, cilantro, 1 cup of cheese, 1 cup of salsa verde, and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup filling, roll up, and place seam down in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly golden around the edges.
- Heavy cream: I do not recommend a lower-fat alternative to heavy cream. Half and half will not thicken properly and your enchiladas will look grainy on the inside.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate leftover enchiladas in a covered container for up to 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 673 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.6 g
- Protein: 25.2 g
- Cholesterol: 82.4 mg
Keywords: enchiladas, easy, green enchiladas