- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spoon & leveled
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups cane sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or milk
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Then beat in the lemon zest and vanilla, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Alternate beating in the flour mixture on low speed and the sour cream, mixing just until combined. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Spoon half of the batter into the bundt pan. Spoon the cranberry sauce and then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cover the cake loosely with aluminum foil if you begin to see the top browning quickly. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes inside the pan.
- Invert the slightly cooled bundt cake onto a wire rack set over a large plate or serving dish. Allow cake to cool before glazing and serving.
- To make the glaze, whisk the confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla together. If you prefer a thicker glaze, add additional confectioners’ sugar. To thin out the glaze, whisk in 1 or more tablespoons of milk. Drizzle over the cake. Slice and serve.
- Cranberry sauce: The key part of this cake is using leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. Either homemade or store-bought. I used my cranberry sauce from this recipe. Leftover cranberry sauce will last in the fridge for 10-14 days and freezer for about 2 months.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice with glaze
- Calories: 548
- Sugar: 54.5 g
- Sodium: 230.1 mg
- Fat: 23.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 80.5 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 112.4 mg
Keywords: cranberry, holiday, leftovers