Twice baked spaghetti squash is incredibly easy to make for an easy side or meal! It’s stuffed with garlic, four cheeses, artichokes, and spinach.
- 1 (3 lbs.) spaghetti squash
- 1 cup canned artichokes, drained + roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach (lightly packed), chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta, part skim or whole milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons, plus more for garnish
- 8 slices of Provolone cheese
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Rub the inside of the squash with little olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Cool just enough to handle and using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash into long strands.
- In a bowl, combine artichokes, spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, mayo, garlic, oregano, and basil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top each squash half with two slices of provolone cheese and an equal amount of the artichoke spinach mixture. Add two more slices of the provolone cheese over the mixture and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and heated through. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and more basil.
- If you microwave the spaghetti squash for about 3 minutes it makes it easier to cut and scoop out the seeds. Just make sure to let the squash cool slightly before handling.
Keywords: low carb, healthy, easy, side, vegetarian