These tuna melts are made with creamy avocado, wholesome cheddar cheese, and whole grain bread. Fraction of the calories and taste 100% amazing!
- 3 (5 oz.) cans albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1–2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6–8 slices crusty whole grain bread, such as harvest bread
- 1–2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and toast for 13-15 minutes until golden crisp, flipping halfway.
- While the bread is toasting, add drained tuna and avocado to a bowl and mash with a fork breaking up any large chunks.
- Add onion, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix to combine.
- Top each toast with tuna mixture, slice of tomato, and cheese. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Keywords: lunch, easy, healthy, seafood