Spinach salad with plump juicy strawberries, mandarin oranges, almonds, and feta. Topped with chicken and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- 6 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 (4 oz.) cup mandarin oranges in syrup, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 12 oz. sliced or cubed cooked chicken, grilled, roasted, or rotisserie
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a large wide bowl, assemble the salad. Start with the bed of spinach, add the strawberries, mandarin oranges, red onions, feta, almonds, and cranberries. Top with chicken. Spoon some of the dressing over the salad. Serve immediately with additional dressing on the side.
- Substitutions: Fresh mandarin oranges can be used instead of canned. Don’t like feta? Try goat cheese or gorgonzola cheese. Instead of almonds, try pecans or walnuts. See blog post for a full list of substitutions and variations.
- Make Ahead: To make this salad in advance, prep all the ingredients and store them in separate containers. Assemble the salad just before serving.
Keywords: spinach strawberry salad, spinach salad with chicken