Hearty spring inspired chicken vegetable stew with pearl couscous, baby potatoes, baby carrots, peas, and spinach.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 oz. baby carrots, sliced on diagonal into 1-inch chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 lbs. baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 bay leafs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pearl couscous
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Few small handfuls of baby spinach
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Toss the chicken with flour, salt, and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, when oil is hot, add chicken, and cook until brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic. Pour wine while stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the dutch oven. Cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, chicken broth, and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add couscous, increase heat to a medium, and cook, uncovered, until the couscous is tender, about 15 minutes. The liquid will slightly reduce.
- Stir in spinach and peas. Discard bay leafs and stir in parsley. Serve immediately or cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 756.4 mg
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.5 g
- Protein: 19.9 g
- Cholesterol: 74.3 mg
Keywords: easy, spring, healthy, spring vegetables