- 1 (16 oz.) Shady Brook Farms Turkey Breast Strips
- 2 cups diced bread*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6–8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes on the vine, diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Take the turkey breast strips out of the package and rinse under cold water. Pat dry lightly with paper towel and place in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Thread turkey strips onto skewers and place on a platter.
- Drizzle the bread cubes with little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Thread onto skewers.
- Grill the turkey for 2 minutes per side or until fully cooked through and croutons for 1 minute per side or until lightly browned.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl of a food process and pulse until combined.
*I find that rustic, handmade-style type stale bread (and not sandwich bread) works the best for homemade croutons. You want to dice the bread into 1 – 1 1/2 inch cubes.