Soft and chewy granola bars packed with all things good for you, like flax, chia, coconut oil, almonds, and dark chocolate! They make the perfect on the go breakfast or snack.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Promise roasted no salt whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup Nature’s Promise organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup Nature’s Promise sweetened cranberries
- 1 (3.5 oz.) bar of dark chocolate (I used 72% cacao)*
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spread the oats, almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds on a large baking sheet. Toast the oats for 7-10 minutes or just until slightly golden brown. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and salt. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring, until the sugar has melted.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the oats and with a wooden spoon, stir to thoroughly combine, making sure every oat and seed is coated in the sugar mixture. Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Line an 8X8-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a few inches overhang on two sides. Spread the mixture evenly in pan, pressing down firmly. I used the bottom of a measuring cup to press down and really pack the oats, which helps them hold together better.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from the pan with the parchment paper and slice into 8 even bars. Set aside.
- Prepare the chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the chocolate bars and then transfer to a freezer on the parchment paper for 10 minutes or until set.
- To store, wrap the granola bars individually in wax paper or plastic wrap and place in a large ziploc bag. I kept the bag in the refrigerator to keep them extra fresh but you can leave at room temperature somewhere cool and away from heat.
*the less sweet the better – dark or bittersweet chocolate compliments the sweetness of these bars the best
Keywords: on the go, school lunch, snack