Mango shrimp salad is a light and refreshing salad that requires no cooking. It’s made with fresh ingredients and is so delicious!
- 1 lb. frozen cooked shrimp, salad size or larger cut up, thawed
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, about 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and gently toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes up to 1 hour. Taste for salt and acidity beforer serving with tortilla chips, crostini, or over lettuce cups.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Recipe originally published in June 2014 called for raw shrimp. We have since re-tested the recipe and updated it to include cooked frozen shrimp.
Keywords: fresh shrimp salad, summer, no cook