Hearty sausage and kale soup with Italian sausage, green beans, corn, and kale. It’s the perfect and easy soup to cozy up to!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned salt
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup small-shaped pasta, such as ditalini
- 2 cups roughly chopped curly kale (leaves only), lightly packed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- In a large dutch-oven, heat oil over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook, crumbling until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, garlic powder, bay leaves, green beans, chicken stock, and water and bring to a simmer. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Taste the soup for salt before adding kale and corn.
- Stir in kale and corn, and simmer for additional 10 minutes or until kale is wilted and the vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Leftovers: Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Substitutions: This soup is very adaptable. See the recipe post for a detailed list of ingredient substitutions.
- Instant Pot & Slow Cooker: See post for instructions on how to make this soup in the instant pot or slow cooker.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 643.4 mg
- Fat: 22.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Protein: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 43.5 mg
Keywords: sausage kale soup, italian sausage soup, kale soup, italian sausage soup