Plum torte with caramelized sweet plums, ground almonds, and hazelnuts. Only 7 ingredients! Fairly easy to make and tastes absolutely delish, especially when served hot.
- 2 lbs. fresh plums, pitted and sliced into eights (large plums) or fourths (medium-small plums)
- 3/4 cups whole raw almonds
- 3/4 cups whole raw hazelnuts
- 3/4 cups + 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2–3 Tbsp. apricot preserves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind almonds and hazelnuts until crumb consistency. Make sure not to overprocess or it will turn into nut butter.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add one egg at a time and flour. With a spoon, mix in the nuts. Batter will be a thick consistency.
- Spoon the batter into buttered and floured 9-inch springform pan.
- Starting in the middle, insert the plum slices half way into the batter in a circular pattern.
- Bake the cake in a preheated 375F oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes lower the temperature (while the cake is in the oven) to 300F and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes.
- In a microwave, warm up the apricot preserves for 30 seconds or until runny. Brush the top of the baked cake with warm apricot preserves. Cool slightly. Slice and serve.
Keywords: plum cake, summer, coffee cake