Feel good fall salad with roasted pears, goat cheese, walnuts, and lemon vinaigrette. It’s easy, quick, and super flavorful.
- 2 firm red pears, such as Anjou, Bosc, or Concorde, cored and quartered
- 5 oz. baby greens, such as spring mix
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, minced
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. honey, maple syrup, or sugar
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the quartered pears on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle the pears lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool.
- To assemble the salad, add the salad greens to a salad platter or a bowl. Top with roasted cooled pears, walnuts, and goat cheese. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette and reserve the rest to serve on the side.
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lemon Vinaigrette can be prepared for up to 3 days and stored, covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving. Lemon Vinaigrette recipe adapted from Epicurious
Keywords: fall salad, spring mix salad, holiday