Overnight oats with peanut butter and banana just have to be the most delicious on-the-go breakfast. Incredibly easy to make and easy to customize too!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced bananas
- Ground cinnamon
- To a bowl, add oats, peanut butter, and 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix in the peanut butter into the oats. Back of a spoon works great for this step.
- Stir in yogurt, chia seeds, honey, salt, and the remaining milk.
- At this point, you can divide the mixture evenly between individual serving jars with a lid. Or simply leave the mixture in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight, or up to 5 days. The oats will soften overnight and the mixture will thicken. They can be enjoyed the next morning.
- When ready to serve, top with fresh banana slices and cinnamon. These oats are meant to be enjoyed chilled but if you prefer your oats warm, simply heat the oats in the microwave before adding the toppings.
- If you prefer your oats more on the runny side, add an additional 1/4 cup milk.
- Serving Size: 1 cup without toppings
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 28.2 g
- Sodium: 1310.2 mg
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 62.4 g
- Protein: 21.3 g
- Cholesterol: 11.7 mg
Keywords: easy breakfast, on the go, meal prep