These easy parmesan cheese crisps are so crunchy, flavorful, and easy to make! Plus you can customize them with your favorite seasonings.
- 1 baguette, cut into thirds, then sliced horizontally 1/8-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded with a box grater
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. One large baking sheet or two smaller baking sheets work great. Brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil. Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden and crisp. Cool on the baking sheet before serving. They will crisp up further as they cool.
- Baguette: Use a sharp serrated knife to slice the baguette into slices. They do not have to be perfect. A day old baguette works the best.
- Parmesan cheese: Pecorino, Asiago, or Manchego cheese can be used instead.
- Variations: These crisps can be made with additional seasonings. See post for a full list of ideas.
- To Store: Parmesan crisps can be stored in an airtight container or a ziploc bag for up to a week in a cool, dry place.
Keywords: crisps, toast, soup