Our house salad recipe can not be any more easier to make! It’s our go to salad 99% of time. Made with crisp romaine lettuce, cucumbers, sweet tomatoes, and creamy avocado, then tossed in a zesty dressing.
- 12 cups chopped romaine lettuce or romaine salad mix (with shredded carrots + red cabbage)
- 2–3 mini cucumbers or 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. grape or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, about 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- First prepare the salad dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and salt. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Then, in a large salad bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and shallots. Pour the dressing and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Lastly, layer the avocado slices on top of the salad or gently mix in. Serve immediately.
Keywords: favorite, easy, everyday