Juicy chicken roasted with zucchini and corn just has to be the perfect summer meal! It comes together in one-pan with easy to find ingredients.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 12 oz. zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut from about 1 ear of corn
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more serving
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large oven-safe saute pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of butter and 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add zucchini, spreading in a single layer as much as possible. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until just begins to soften, tossing couple times. They should still be fairly firm after 5 minutes.
- While the zucchini is cooking, cut the corn from the cob and place into a bowl. To the same bowl, transfer the cooked zucchini mixture.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add chicken to the pan in a single layer and sear for 1-2 minutes per side. You want a lightly golden outside. The inside will still be raw.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top the chicken with zucchini corn mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, for 15-18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the zucchini is tender. Garnish with fresh basil and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serves well over cooked quinoa or pasta.
Keywords: one pan, summer, easy,