Light, fresh, and full of flavor! This summer corn salad with a Mexican twist is the perfect summer side.
- 4 ears fresh corn, cooked any way you like + kernels cut from cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs*
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp + crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Cojita cheese, optional**
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, onion, herbs, and bacon.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Optional, stir in cheese.
*You can use a variety of your favorite herbs: cilantro, parsley, dill, chives, oregano.
**Cojita cheese is a hard, crumbly Mexican cheese very similar to feta. Feta cheese can be substituted.
Keywords: summer, bbq, fresh, healthy