Crunchy salad with carrots, cucumbers, peanuts, and mandarin slices. Tossed in flavorful orange dressing.
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled, separated into slices and halved crosswise (if you have time and patience you can peel the mandarin slices)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. orange marmalade
- 1 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Toss with dressing; season with salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.
- Whisk the rice vinegar, sunflower oil, brown sugar, orange marmalade, chili-garlic sauce, and fresh lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator.
peanuts can be substituted with almonds
Keywords: chinese, side, easy