Lemon garlic cream sauce recipe comes together with only 8-ingredients! It’s delicious with pasta or as a base for many other dishes.
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, while stirring constantly.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden, stirring constantly. You want to cook off the raw flour taste. Make sure not to burn it.
- Gradually add in the half and half, stirring as you pour. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the sauce thickens about 1-2 minutes. If any lumps form, whisk them out. The sauce should easily coat the back of a spoon.
- Whisk in lemon juice and zest. Stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley. The cheese should immediately melt into the sauce. Serve immediately.
- For a Smoother Sauce: Use a microplane for the garlic and for the Parmesan cheese. Grate the Parmesan yourself, it will taste and melt into the sauce better than the bagged cheese.
- Serving: This recipe makes 2 cups of sauce, which is enough for 8 ounces of dry pasta. Or use the sauce as a base for other dishes. See post for serving ideas.
- Leftovers: This sauce will thicken upon standing. You can thin out the sauce with white wine, reserved pasta water, milk, or half and half. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for up 5 days.
Keywords: cream sauce, easy, pasta sauce