The easiest way to use up leftover turkey meat is to make turkey chili! It’s flavor packed with ton of delicious spices and also loaded with good for you veggies, like corn and edamame.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium sweet onions, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups shredded leftover turkey meat
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (32 oz.) carton chicken stock
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can red kidney beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can garbanzo beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, garlic, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, dried oregano, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper, to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the flavors blend.
- Add turkey meat, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and stock. Simmer, partially covered over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans, garbanzo beans, corn, and edamame, and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Discard bay leafs, taste for salt and pepper, and serve with toppings of choice.
- Spiciness: Chili is not spicy at all so feel free to add some heat with cayenne pepper, red chili flakes, sriracha, diced chiles, or fresh jalapeno.
- Substitutions: This chili is incredibly versatile. You can swap out the veggies for what you have on hand or add a little more or less of something to suit your taste.
- Leftovers: Leftover chili can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. To freeze chili – transfer cooled chili into freezer-safe containers (we love these for soups/chili) or freezer-safe bags and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat on the stovetop over medium heat.
Keywords: thanksgiving, holiday, easy, leftovers, turkey leftovers