One pan meals just might be the best invention ever. This Italian sausage and peppers recipe is made entirely on a sheet pan.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 12 oz. baby gold potatoes, halved
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, sweet/mild
- Fresh chopped basil, or parsley
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the bell peppers, onions, and potatoes with the oil herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. I like to use my hands for this part to ensure the vegetables are fully coated with the seasoning. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and slice into 1-inch chunks. Place the chunks on the baking sheet, spreading out evenly between the vegetables.
- Bake 40 minutes, tossing halfway, or until the sausage and veggies are tender. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and Parmesan before serving.
Keywords: sheet pan, easy, italian, family friendly, quick