This healthy pumpkin bread recipe is made with good ingredients such as white whole wheat flour, honey, olive oil, and shredded apples. It’s insanely moist and full of delicious pumpkin flavor!
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup peeled + grated apples*
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Optional, raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix together the pumpkin puree, olive oil, apples, eggs, and honey. Stir in the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Some lumps are okay.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and if desired, sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- You can use just about any variety of sweet apples, such as Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Pink Lady.
Keywords: easy, no sugar, fall, thanksgiving