Moist and naturally sweetened, these whole wheat muffins are perfect on the go. Packed with wholesome oats, carrots, coconut, and raisins. Make them ahead for busy mornings.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, eggs, banana, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and gently stir with a wooden spoon just until moistened. Fold in carrots, coconut, and raisins.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 10-12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with shredded coconut.
- Bake the muffins for 17-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Place the muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool. Store cooled muffins, covered, at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
Keywords: wholesome, on the go, healthy, whole grain