Healthy avocado tuna salad that is completely mayo free! It’s made with creamy avocado and fresh lime juice. So creamy, fresh, and healthy.
- 2 (5-6oz) cans of solid white albacore tuna in water, drained (I used American Tuna brand)
- 1 1/2 – 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro, packed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 lime, juiced (or more if desired)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- baby romaine leaves
- sandwich bread
- In a medium bowl, flake the drained tuna with a fork. Add avocado to the tuna and mash with a fork, breaking up any large chunks. It should be creamy with some tuna chunks.
- Add cucumber, red onion, cilantro, green onion and garlic salt. Stir together and add lime juice, mixing to combine. Season with salt and fresh black pepper, to taste.
- Chill 20-30 minutes and serve.
Keywords: paleo, mayo free, healthy