Healthy avocado tuna salad that is completely mayo-free! It’s made with creamy avocado and lime juice. So fresh and healthy.
- 2 (5-6oz) cans of albacore tuna in water or oil, drained and flaked
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice + zest 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the flaked tuna with avocado. Mash with a fork, breaking up any large chunks. Keep it creamy or leave some chunks for texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers: Leftover tuna salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container. Avocado might slightly darken.
Keywords: mayo free, healthy, snack