Ground Chicken Enchiladas are an easy weeknight meal made with ground chicken, spices, salsa verde, sour cream, and cheese.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups mild salsa verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 or 10-inch)
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Cilantro Lime Crema, for serving, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and saute for 4-5 minutes and break it up with a wooden spoon. Some liquid is okay.
- Stir in the cumin, oregano, and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook the ground meat and break it down with a spoon until it’s fully cooked and no pink remains for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in green onions and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the salsa and sour cream.
- To the ground chicken mixture, add 3/4 cup sour cream mixture and 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly coat a 9X13 baking dish with a non-stick spray and set aside.
- Fill each tortilla with a heaping 1/4 cup chicken mixture, roll it up, and layer seam down into the baking dish.
- Top the tortillas with the remaining salsa mixture and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 877.1 mg
- Fat: 21.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.8 g
- Protein: 21.9 g
- Cholesterol: 75.2 mg
Keywords: enchiladas, easy, weeknight