Grilled summer steak salad with corn, radishes, tomatoes, and feta! It’s fresh, yet hearty dinner salad that is perfect for a busy weeknight.
- 1 lb. rib-eye steak
- 2 fresh ears of corn, shucked
- 10 oz. spring mix salad greens
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Pat the steak slightly with a paper towel to remove some of the moisture. Rub all sides with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer steak to the hot grill, and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side over direct heat for medium, longer if desired. At the same time, grill the corn, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and tender, about 8 minutes total.
- Remove steak to a platter and cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before thinly slicing. Remove the corn and let slightly cool before cutting the kernels off the cob.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the spring mix with some of the salad dressing. Then toss in the radishes, tomatoes, red onion, feta, grilled corn, and steak. Pour the rest of the dressing over the salad. Taste for salt and pepper before serving.
- Preferably have the steak out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking but no more than an hour, to ensure that it cooks evenly.
Keywords: grilled, summer, dinner salad