The best Mediterranean turkey burgers with sun dried tomatoes, feta, and oregano. Grilled until juicy tender and served with tzatziki sauce and tomato cucumber salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion, grated (1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise (or full-fat sour cream)
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Burger buns, toasted
- Pepper Jack cheese
- Tzatziki sauce
- Cucumber tomato salad (quick recipe below)
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, grated onions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, oregano, and mayonnaise. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Using your hands, incorporate everything together.
- Form the mixture into six patties and place on a parchment lined sheet pan. If it sticks too much to your hands, lightly oil your hands before forming into patties.
- Lightly drizzle the patties with olive oil and let rest at room temperature while you preheat the grill.
- Preheat the grill on hight heat. Clean and oil the grates. Place the patties on the grill and cook 3-4 minutes, covered. Reduce the heat to a medium, flip and continue to cook, covered, for 3-4 more minutes or until cooked through. Cook time will vary on thickness of the burgers. Make sure not to overcook the burgers. Around 3 minutes start checking for doneness. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the cheese.
- Remove and let rest for 5-8 minutes before serving with toppings.
- Quick Cucumber Tomato Salad: combine diced 1/2 English cucumber, 1 diced tomato on the vine, 1 Tbsp. minced red onions, and 1-2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley. Toss with little olive oil and fresh lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Nutrition information does not include the toppings.
Keywords: healthy, quick, weeknight meal, family friendly