Greek inspired chicken that combines pantry staple ingredients to make a flavorful marinade for an easy summer dish!
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest + juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 Tbsp. oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated or minced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, oregano, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- With a paper towel, lightly pat dry the chicken and then add to a large glass bowl or gallon size ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, then toss the chicken around to make sure it is fully coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the grill on high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. Grill until cooked through and golden brown on all sides, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
add additional time for chicken to marinate
Keywords: grilled, drumsticks, chicken