Pesto chicken pasta is loaded with veggies, chicken, and delicious Greek yogurt dressing. It’s perfect for potlucks or your next BBQ.
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or store bought shredded)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (7 oz.) container Fage Total 2% Greek yogurt or any other brand of 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- Cook penne pasta al dente according to package directions in a lightly salted water; drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, and olive oil; process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta with pesto, Greek yogurt, and sour cream.
- Add red bell pepper, celery, red onion, chicken, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or serve warm immediately. Give it couple stirs before serving.
3/4 cup of store bought basil pesto can be substituted for homemade pesto
Keywords: easy, healthy, BBQ, summer