Greek cucumber salad with marinated red onions tossed in a tzatziki inspired Greek yogurt dressing. It’s fresh, creamy, and has a good punch of flavor, and makes a perfect side for all of your summer get togethers.
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2–3 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the red onion, olive oil, vinegar, and oregano. Let the onions marinate at room temperature while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Place the sliced cucumbers into a large salad bowl.
- Combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and black pepper. Add to the cucumbers, along with the marinated onions, including the liquid from the onions. Toss everything together really well. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 30 minutes before serving.
- For best flavor, use full-fat Greek yogurt and fresh dill. Don’t like dill? Try fresh parsley instead.
Keywords: Greek, easy, summer, cucumber salad