Easy creamy coleslaw recipe that comes together in just minutes! This will surely become your go-to slaw recipe.
- 14–16 oz. bag cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. honey, plus more to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Combine the coleslaw mix, red onions, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, avocado oil, lemon juice, and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mix. Toss gently to combine, making sure all the shreds are coated evenly.
- Serve right away if you prefer crunchier slaw. For a softer slaw, chill for 10-15 minutes before serving. Slaw will keep for several days but it does soften the longer it sits.
- Few Notes & Tips: For best flavor, do not use reduced-fat mayo or sour cream. If you prefer your slaw more on a sweeter side, add more honey to taste.
- To Make Ahead: Combine the coleslaw mix, red onions, and cilantro. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Whisk the ingredients for the dressing and keep refrigerated until ready to assemble the salad.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 74.8 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 6.2 mg
Keywords: easy cabbage salad, summer bbq, easy slaw