- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole roasted, unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 8 oz. dark chocolate morsels or roughly chopped dark chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup whole roasted, unsalted almonds, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Then gradually beat in flour. Dough will be thick and sticky. With a wooden spoon, fold in almonds and cranberries.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 8-inch roll. Place rolls 5 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Pat down the dough until 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are golden and centers are firm. Remove from the oven, but do not turn off the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked loaves to a cutting board and using a serrated knife, cut loaves into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place slices cut sides upright on the baking sheet. You may need a second sheet to fit them all.
- Return to the oven to continue baking for 8-9 minutes. Turn slices over; bake for 8-9 minutes more. Cookies will be slightly soft in the center with crisp edges. As the cookies cool, they become crunchy. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping in chocolate.
- Place chocolate in shallow microwave safe bowl and melt in 15 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip bottom half of cookies into melted chocolate, letting excess drip back into bowl. Place cookies flat on a parchment lined baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with chopped almonds. Allow the chocolate to set completely at room temperature (about 45 min) before storing in airtight container.