Made with coconut oil, fresh peaches, and topped with coconut sugar! These are by far the best tasting coconut peach muffins. So tender and so moist!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1–2 fresh peaches*, pitted and cut into small slices
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened, raw, coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. This recipe makes 10 muffins, so you will need 10 liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat coconut oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until well combined. Add the eggs, sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and with a wooden spoon, mix until combined. Batter will be lumpy and that’s okay. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the sliced peaches.
- Prepare the sugar topping by chopping or crushing the coconut flakes, and then in a small bowl, toss together with brown sugar. Set aside.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling all the way to the top. Sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 F degrees, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350 F degrees, and bake for additional 18-21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
*You will need 2 small peaches or 1 average size peach for this amount of batter.
Keywords: fresh, seasonal, summer, on the go