Panera’s Thai chicken salad with edamame, roasted peppers, cashews, cilantro and peanut chili vinaigrette. It’s one of best salads to order at Panera and now you can make it at home!
- 2 small carrots, chopped, 1 cup
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 oz. cooked chicken, diced, 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Cook carrots and edamame in little olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly charred, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, roasted carrots, edamame, roasted peppers, cilantro, and cashews with the vinaigrette. Toss until fully coated. Taste for salt and pepper before serving.
- Whisk all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chicken: pulled rotisserie chicken works great. You can also make your own chicken at home: simply pat dry two bone-in, skin on, chicken breasts, and rub with olive oil all over. Season thoroughly with salt and pepper. Roast 425 F for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Cool and pull the chicken meat off the bones. Either shred or dice the meat.
- Spiciness: salad definitely has a spicy kick to it. If you want less spicy, use 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Variations/Add Ins: basil or mint would be a great addition to the cilantro. Also cucumbers for added crunch and mango for sweetness. Don’t like cashews? Swap them out for peanuts.
- Servings: this recipe makes 2 big meal salads or 4 smaller salads to enjoy with a cup of soup or a sandwich.
- Leftovers/Make Ahead: after the salad been tossed with the vinaigrette, it’s best served right away. For best results, keep the leftover salad and vinaigrette separate until ready to serve. You can also make the vinaigrette ahead of time and keep refrigerated.
Keywords: copy cat, panera salad, chicken, spicy,