Chopped autumn salad with bacon, apple, cranberries, feta, and pumpkin seeds. Tossed in a simple, yet flavorful honey apple cider dressing. It’s crunchy, salty sweet, and loaded with flavor!
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4–5 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and medium chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 4 Tbsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Taste for salt and pepper before serving.
- Substitutions: See post for ingredient substitutions.
- Make Ahead: Prepare as written but do not add the apples or toss with the salad dressing. Store the salad and dressing in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Chop and add the apple to the salad, and then toss with dressing just before serving.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 210.5 mg
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 19.7 mg
Keywords: autumn salad with apples, fall harvest salad, fall apple salad, autumn salad dressing