The secret Chipotle Guacamole Recipe – we’ve all tried to replicate it and failed miserably. But guess what? The secret’s out! You can now whip up a batch of your own scrumptious Chipotle-style guacamole right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped with stems
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Two mixing bowls
- Large metal whisk
- Large wooden or metal spoon
- Lime squeezer
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a large bowl.
- Using a large metal whisk, mash the avocados until half of the texture is creamy and half chunky. You want the chunks no more than 1/2-1 inch. Stir in salt with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, mix onions, jalapeno, and cilantro. Add lime to the mixture, and with a spoon fold into the mashed avocados. Do not mash. Taste for salt and acidity, and add more as needed. At this point, you can serve the guacamole right away or chill covered for 15-20 minutes. I personally think it tastes better after it’s been chilled.
- Original Recipe: I kept the recipe as close to the original as possible. Make sure to taste the guacamole before and after chilling and if needed add more salt and lime juice.
- Storing Guacamole: See post for tips on storing leftover guacamole.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 151.8 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: guacamole, chipotle, copycat