Cheesy guacamole is traditional guacamole but with cheddar cheese and a little spice! So delicious with tortilla chips or as a side to your favorite grilled dishes.
- 3 large avocados
- 3–4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion, about 1/2 medium onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeds/pulp removed + finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded + minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt, to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, discard the pit and scoop the avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Add half of the lime juice, cayenne, and cumin. Mash the avocado mixture with a potato masher until chunky consistency.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, and the remaining lime juice. Season with salt, to taste.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing into the surface of the guacamole so there is no air between the guacamole and plastic. This prevents it from turning brown. Let guacamole sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: chips, cinco de mayo, summer