California wedge salad with avocado, prosciutto crumbles, and homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. It’s easy to make and goes with just about anything!
- 3 thin-slices prosciutto*
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 3/4 cup sweet grape tomatoes, halved and/or quartered
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 recipe Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the prosciutto in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake until wrinkled and slightly shrunken, about 11-13 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools.
- Discard the outer leaves of the lettuce and cut the iceberg in half right through the middle, then cut the halves into four wedges.
- Arrange the wedges on a platter or individual plates, spoon good amount of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing over each wedge so that it drips down the sides, then top with chopped tomatoes and avocado.
- Crumble the cooled prosciutto and sprinkle over each wedge. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
*prosciutto is an Italian dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced and can be found pre-packaged in the deli section of most grocery stores
Keywords: easy, iceberg lettuce, california, short ingredients