A simple and satisfying Caesar salad with crunchy romaine lettuce, shredded raw Brussels sprouts, and sourdough croutons. Delicious on its own or paired with an entrée.
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts using a mandoline slicer. You can also do this with a food-processor with a slicing attachment. Place the shredded Brussels sprouts into a large bowl along with chopped romaine lettuce.
- Add some of the Caesar dressing and toss until well-coated. You want the salad to be nicely coated with the dressing but not to a point that it’s soggy. Taste for salt and pepper. Add fresh lemon juice to taste. Keep in mind if using Caesar dressing other than what’s listed in this recipe, you may not necessarily need the lemon juice.
- Top with croutons and Parmesan cheese, to taste. Serve the salad immediately with the remaining dressing on the side.
- Few Shortcuts: You can save on prep time by using pre-shredded Brussels sprouts from the supermarket if you can find them. You’ll need about 8-10 oz. of shredded Brussels sprouts. Same with the romaine lettuce. Pick up a bag of already chopped lettuce. You’ll need 10 oz. of lettuce.
- Croutons: You’ll have leftover croutons from this recipe. Keep them stored in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up 2 weeks to use in other salads, such as Kale Caesar Salad.
Keywords: brussels sprouts salad, fall, seasonal