These banana oatmeal bars are delicious and easy to make. Packed with bananas, pineapple, oatmeal, and finished off with a delicious glaze.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder (yes a tablespoon!)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 (8 oz.) cans crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 3 small ripe bananas, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9X13 baking pan and set it aside.
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Combine oats, both flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Fold in pineapple and bananas. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake in the pan to a wire rack to cool.
- While the cake cools, prepare the glaze. Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl, and whisk until smooth. Drizzle the cooled cake with the glaze. Cut into 15 squares and serve.
- Substitutions: See post for a complete list of ingredient substitutions.
- Storing the Bars: Keep bars covered at room temperature for up to 3 days, thereafter, refrigerate in an airtight container.
Keywords: breakfast bars, oatmeal bars