Hearty quinoa salad with avocado, tomato, and spinach. It makes for one healthy and light side dish. Not to mention it requires minimal ingredients.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled*
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2–1 lemon, juiced**
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients with the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before serving. If making the salad ahead, leave the avocado out and add just before serving.
- Whisk all the ingredients together until combined. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
*white or rainbow quinoa can be used
**start off with juice of 1/2 lemon and add more according to personal taste
Keywords: healthy, vegetables, light, meatless