Sweet and spicy green beans make the best side dish. They are so flavorful and so easy to make!
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 4–5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- In a large stock pot, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Add beans to the boiling water and cook until the green beans are bright green and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately remove to a clean bowl with a pair of tongs while letting excess water drip back into the pot.
- Combine the garlic, red chili flakes, soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet or sauté pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add green beans and cook until charred and tender, about 4-5 minutes, while tossing frequently.
- Add the garlic mixture to the green beans and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant, while tossing the green beans non-stop. Make sure not to burn the garlic. Taste and season with salt as needed before serving.
Keywords: easy, vegetable side, holidays