If you love spinach artichoke dip then you will love this salmon! This salmon is topped with spinach artichoke inspired dip and baked until creamy.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. salmon fillet
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt (can sub with sour cream or mayo)
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped canned artichoke hearts
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add butter to a 9X13 baking dish and place in the warming oven for a few minutes. When the butter is melted take out the dish. Place the salmon in the dish and spoon the melted butter over the salmon. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, and garlic. Stir in the spinach and artichokes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the spinach artichoke mixture evenly over the salmon. Optional: for an extra cheesy top, sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over the salmon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Start checking the salmon for doneness around 18 minutes. Salmon should be opaque and flake easily with a fork. The top will be lightly golden brown. Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Bake Time: Roasting time depends on the thickness of your salmon, as determined by the thickest part of the salmon fillet. Also, keep in mind if using wild salmon — it has less fat than farmed salmon and therefore needs less time to cook. Take out salmon a few minutes before it is done or when it reaches an internal temperature of 140F.
- Original Recipe: This recipe was originally published on 1/29/16. It was written to include individual salmon fillets. After testing the recipe I found it works better with a whole salmon fillet.
- Serving Size: 5-6 ounces
- Calories: 348
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 308.2 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Protein: 38.4 g
- Cholesterol: 114.4 mg
Keywords: seafood, weeknight, creamy salmon