These coconut date bites are quick, easy, and require no baking! Not to mention they’re made up of only 3-ingredients: dates, almond butter, and coconut.
- 2 1/2 cups dried dates, pitted
- 4 Tbsp. creamy almond butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Add dates to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until large crumb like consistency. If the mixture turns into one large ball, use your fingers or a spoon to pat it down.
- Add almond butter and continue to pulse until small crumbs/thick paste is formed. If the mixture is not coming together or a little dry, add the smallest splash of water and then continue to pulse.
- Form the mixture into 1 1/4 inch balls and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Add coconut into a small shallow bowl and roll the date balls in the coconut.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, away from heat, for up to 5 days or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Dates: There is no need to soak the dates first, unless they are really dry and hard, then soak in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Almond Butter: It’s best to use almond butter without any added sugars, oils, or salt for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 3 balls
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 60.3 g
- Sodium: 2.1 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 69.5 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy, sweet, easy, on the go, snack